Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Rocksprings in Edwards County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

The Sesquicentennial Committee Erects This Marker

 
 
The Sesquicentennial Committee Erects This Marker Marker image. Click for full size.
By Jenn Wintermantel
1. The Sesquicentennial Committee Erects This Marker Marker
Inscription. July 4, 1986 in honor of all our citizens who have rendered service to Edwards County, Texas, created from Bexar District in 1858. Organized 1883.
 
Location. 30° 0.951′ N, 100° 12.482′ W. Marker is in Rocksprings, Texas, in Edwards County. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street and North Well Street, on the right when traveling west on West Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Rocksprings TX 78880, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 19 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Edwards County (here, next to this marker); Edwards County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Rocksprings Telephone Company (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Carson Store (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Headquarters, American Angora Goat Breeders' Assn. (about 400 feet away); First Methodist Church (about 500 feet away); Vance Cemetery (approx. 18.2 miles away).
 
Categories. Military
 
The Sesquicentennial Committee Erects This Marker Marker image. Click for full size.
By Jenn Wintermantel
2. The Sesquicentennial Committee Erects This Marker Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 3, 2018. This page originally submitted on September 3, 2018, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 29 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 3, 2018, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Paid Advertisement