Castries, Saint Lucia — Caribbean Region (Lesser Antilles)
Holy Trinity Anglican Church Foundation Stone
was laid to the glory of God
by His Excellency
Sir Charles Bruce. K.C.M.G.
Governor of the Windward Islands
on Nov. 25th 1894
Rev J.R. Bascom. Incumbent.
S.T. Wenborn. Architect.
Location. 14° 0.69′ N, 60° 59.227′ W. Marker is in Castries, Castries. Marker is on Trinity Church Road just east of Darling Road, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Free French World War II Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Charles Eugene Gabriel de la Croix, Marquis de Castries (within shouting distance of this marker); Simon Bolivar (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Jean Baptiste Bideau (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Sir John George Melvin Compton (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); The “Cannon” at Walcott Place (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Hon. Derek Alton Walcott (approx. half a kilometer away); Sir William Arthur Lewis (approx. half a kilometer away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Castries.
Regarding Holy Trinity Anglican Church Foundation Stone. The marker mentions that the Governor of the Windward Islands set the
The colony was known as the Federal Colony of the Windward Islands from 1871 to June 1956, and then as the Territory of the Windward Islands until its dissolution in 1960.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 3, 2018. This page originally submitted on September 3, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 43 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 3, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.