Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Princeton in Caldwell County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
 

Shandy Hall (Princeton)

 
 
Shandy Hall (Princeton) Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mark Hilton, September 13, 2018
1. Shandy Hall (Princeton) Marker
Inscription. Shandy Hall, two-story stone home built on Bluff above Big Spring, built by William Prince on his 200-acre survey made in 1798. Prince, a Rev. War veteran from S.C., began town on waters of Eddy Creek. In 1817, Princetown became county seat of Caldwell Co. Changed to Princeton the next year, it was situated on 50-acre donation of Prince heirs.
Presented by Caldwell Co., Ky., Bicentennial
Committee and The Ky. Bicentennial Commission.

 
Erected 1992 by the Kentucky Historical Society, Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 1902.)
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
 
Location. 37° 6.488′ N, 87° 52.854′ W. Marker is in Princeton, Kentucky, in Caldwell County. Marker is at the intersection of East Main Street and North Franklin Street, on the right when traveling east on East Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 202 East Main Street, Princeton KY 42445, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Shandy Hall (Princeton) (within shouting distance of this marker); William Prince, 1752-1810 / Founder of Princeton
Shandy Hall (Princeton) marker in alleyway leading to Big Spring Park. image. Click for full size.
By Mark Hilton, September 13, 2018
2. Shandy Hall (Princeton) marker in alleyway leading to Big Spring Park.
This one of two duplicate markers and they are both only 300 feet apart.
(within shouting distance of this marker); Trail of Tears (within shouting distance of this marker); County Named, 1809 (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Black Patch War (about 500 feet away); Courthouse Burned (about 500 feet away); Ogden Memorial United Methodist Church (approx. mile away); Princeton First Baptist Church (approx. mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Princeton.
 
More about this marker. This is one of two identical markers with the same marker number and text.
 
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. Exact duplicate marker.
 
Categories. Notable BuildingsSettlements & SettlersWar, US Revolutionary
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 25, 2018. This page originally submitted on September 25, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 35 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 25, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.
Paid Advertisement