Marine City in Saint Clair County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Pêche Island Rear Range Light
c. 1905 - decommissioned 1982
It was brought to Marine City in 1982 through the combined efforts of Stanford C. Stoddard, Michgian National Bank, Luedtke Engineering Co. and the friends of the Marine City Open Air Maritime Museum. Dedicated August 21, 1983
Pêche Island (sounds like pesh) translates as fishing or fisherman's island.
Front and rear range lights give a ship correct bearing for safe entry into rivers or harbors.
Location. 42° 42.985′ N, 82° 29.491′ W. Marker is in Marine City, Michigan, in Saint Clair County. Marker is at the intersection of South Water Street and Washington Street, on the right when traveling north on South Water Street. Touch for map. Marker is in Lighthouse Park. Marker is in this post office area: Marine City MI 48039, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Newport Academy (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); David and Laura Lester House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Heritage Square Historic District (approx. ¼ mile away); Marine City (approx. ¼ mile away); Holy Cross Parish (approx. ¼ mile away); East China Fractional School District No. 2 School (approx. 2.6 miles away); St. Clair River Habitat Restoration (approx. 4.2 miles away); a different marker also named St. Clair River Habitat Restoration (approx. 5.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marine City.
Categories. • Man-Made Features • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 26, 2018. This page originally submitted on September 26, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 40 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on September 26, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.