Princeton in Caldwell County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Ogden Memorial United Methodist Church
The first meeting house of Ogden Memorial was on South Jefferson Street. Several other evangelical denominations were organized there. The second building was erected in 1878 on South Seminary Street between Main and Washington. The present edifice, honoring Benjamin Ogden, erected 1928-29.
Erected 1993 by the Kentucky Historical Society, Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 1932.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
Location. 37° 6.583′ N, 87° 53.083′ W. Marker is in Princeton, Kentucky, in Caldwell County. Marker is on West Main Street (U.S. 62) east of South Cave Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 305 West Main Street, Princeton KY 42445, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Princeton First Baptist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Historic Educational Site (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Black Patch War (about 800 feet away); Courthouse Burned (about 800 feet away); County Named, 1809 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Trail of Tears (approx. ¼ mile away); Shandy Hall (Princeton) (approx. ¼ mile away); a different marker also named Shandy Hall (Princeton) (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Princeton.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 26, 2018. This page originally submitted on September 26, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 30 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 26, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.