Algonac in Saint Clair County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Clay Township Library
Erected 1985 by Bureau of History, Michigan Department of State. (Marker Number L711.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Michigan Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 42° 37.173′ N, 82° 31.784′ W. Marker is in Algonac, Michigan, in Saint Clair County. Marker is at the intersection of St. Clair River Road (State Highway 29) and Clay Street, on the right when traveling north on St. Clair River Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1240 St. Clair River Road, Algonac MI 48001, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Saint Andrew's Parish / Saint Andrew's Church (a few steps from this marker); Christopher Columbus Smith / Garfield A. "Gar" Wood Water Speed Capital (approx. ¼ mile away); St. Clair River Habitat Restoration (approx. 1.1 miles away); a different marker also named St. Clair River Habitat Restoration (approx. 2.8 miles away); Holy Cross Parish (approx. 6.7 miles away); Newport Academy (approx. 6.9 miles away); David and Laura Lester House (approx. 6.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Algonac.
Also see . . . History of Bostwick Building. (Submitted on September 27, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
1. The Library is Now a Museum
Since 1997, the building has been used as the Algonac / Clay Historical Society Museum.
— Submitted September 27, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.
Categories. • Charity & Public Work •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 27, 2018. This page originally submitted on September 27, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 29 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 27, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.