Guanajuato in Municipality of Guanajuato, Mexico — The Central Highlands
The Fountain of the Plaza del Baratillo
Ayuntamiento de Guanajuato 1989-91
The fountain that adorns this square was originally inaugurated in the Plaza Mayor on June 2, 1852 when piped water from the Presa de la Olla (the Cooking Pot Reservoir) flowed to it for the first time for the service of the population. On January 21, 1886, it was moved from the Plaza Mayor to the Plaza de San Diego. A few years later it was transferred to this place on October 4, 1893.
City Council of Guanjuato 1989-91
Erected 1989 by Ayuntamiento de Guanajuato.
Location. 21° 0.995′ N, 101° 15.115′ W. Marker is in Guanajuato, Guanajuato, in Municipality of Guanajuato. Marker is on De la Alameda, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Guanajuato 36000, Mexico.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance Plaza del Baratillo (within shouting distance of this marker); Emma Godoy (within shouting distance of this marker); Puente de San Juan Nepomuceno (within shouting distance of this marker); Temple of the Company of Jesus (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Guanajuato Flooding of 1873 (about 90 meters away); Ponciano Aguilar (about 90 meters away); Minting House of the State of Guanajuato (about 150 meters away); Admiral Federico Rómero Ceballos (about 150 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Guanajuato.
Categories. • Man-Made Features • Parks & Recreational Areas •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 7, 2018. This page originally submitted on October 7, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 35 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 7, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.