Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Twin Falls in Twin Falls County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
 

Highland Park

 
 
Highland Park Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, May 13, 2018
1. Highland Park Marker
Inscription. Under the Homestead Act of 1880, John Lingren acquired this land, cleared the sagebrush, raised vegetables and dairy products, started a nursery, planted hundred of fruit, evergreen, shade and ornamental trees. It became Idaho Falls' first amusement park when in 1904-5 a picnic area, baseball diamond, dance pavilion, boating pond and swimming pool were added. In 1920 Idaho Falls purchased the park and later the old buildings were demolished, leaving only a log structure which had been used for school, church and tourist accommodations.
 
Erected 1963 by Daughters of Utah Pioneers, Highland Park, Bonneville County, Idaho. (Marker Number 286.)
 
Location. 43° 30.249′ N, 112° 2.345′ W. Marker is in Twin Falls, Idaho, in Twin Falls County. Marker is on West Elva Street near Blaine Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 520 West Elva Street, Idaho Falls ID 83402, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Native American Encampments (approx. 0.4 miles away); Keefer's Island (approx. 0.4 miles away); Idaho Falls Idaho Temple (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Idaho Falls LDS Hospital and School of Nursing
Highland Park Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, May 13, 2018
2. Highland Park Marker
Melaleuca Field, Home of the Twin Falls Chukars Baseball in the background.
(approx. half a mile away); Eagle Rock Meeting House (approx. half a mile away); Upper Snake River Valley Irrigation (approx. half a mile away); Snake River Bridge (approx. 0.6 miles away); Prisoners of War in Idaho Falls (approx. 0.6 miles away).
 
More about this marker. The marker is at the corner of West Elva Street and Jim Garchow Way.
 
Categories. AgricultureEntertainmentParks & Recreational Areas
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on October 8, 2018. This page originally submitted on October 8, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 28 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on October 8, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.
Paid Advertisement