Columbus in Franklin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Site of First Ohio State Home Football Game / The Ohio State University First Football Team 1890
Alexander S. Lilley, Coach
Fred B. "Jack" Ryder, Coach
Erected 2006 by The Ohio State University, Giant Eagle, Schumacher Place Civic Association, and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 92-25.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection marker series.
Location. 39° 56.676′ N, 82° 59.376′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Ohio, in Franklin County. Marker is on East Whittier Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. In front of the Giant Eagle grocery store. Marker is at or near this postal address: 280 E. Whittier Street, Columbus OH 43206, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Gold Star Mothers (approx. ¼ mile away); Franklin County Soldiers of the Mexican War (approx. ¼ mile away); Schiller Park (approx. ¼ mile away); Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller (approx. 0.3 miles away); St. Mary Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Trinity Lutheran Seminary Merion Village (approx. 0.6 miles away); Schmidt's Sausage Haus und Restaurant (approx. ¾ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Categories. • Notable Events • Sports •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 13, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 12,624 times since then and 307 times this year. This page was the Marker of the Week October 19, 2008. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 13, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.