Johnson City in Blanco County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
James Polk Johnson
(August 24, 1845 - October 20, 1885)
Erected 1989 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 2835.)
Location. 30° 16.671′ N, 98° 24.96′ W. Marker is in Johnson City, Texas, in Blanco County. Marker is on West Pecan Drive east of Avenue L, on the right when traveling west. Marker is located in the James Polk Johnson Cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Johnson City TX 78636, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Resting Place of a Founder (here, next to this marker); Blanco County Trail Drives (approx. 0.2 miles Dr. James Odiorne (approx. ¼ mile away); James Polk Johnson Building (approx. ¼ mile away); Blanco County Veterans Memorial Flagpole (approx. ¼ mile away); Blanco County (approx. ¼ mile away); Blanco County Courthouse (approx. ¼ mile away); 1894 Blanco County Jail (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Johnson City.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for James Polk Johnson.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 28, 2018. This page originally submitted on November 26, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 29 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 26, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.