Van Wert in Van Wert County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Van Wert Gazebo
The Band Stand (Gazebo) was built in 1875 on the Court House lawn. It was moved in 1891 to Third Ward Park by George Marsh, and then to the County Fair Grounds in the early 1900's. The Trustees moved it to its current location in June, 1992.
Entered in the National Register of Historic Places by the National Park Service, United States Department of Interior in 1982.
Erected by Van Wert County Historical Society.
Location. 40° 52.532′ N, 84° 34.982′ W. Marker is in Van Wert, Ohio, in Van Wert County. Marker is on Washington Street (U.S. 127), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker and gazebo are on the Van Wert County Museum grounds. Marker is at or near this postal address: 602 North Washington Street, Van Wert OH 45891, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First County Library in the United States (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Brumback Library (approx. 0.4 miles away); Civil War Soldiers and Sailors Monument (approx. 1.3 miles away); Company D, 2nd Ohio Volunteer Infantry Monument Hoghe Road Bridge (approx. 1.4 miles away); Killing Spree Ends Here in 1948 (approx. 6.8 miles away); Ohio City Civil War Memorial (approx. 7.3 miles away); Robert Nesbit (approx. 7.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Van Wert.
Categories. • Entertainment • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 20, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 734 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 20, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.