Monroe in Monroe County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Monroe Bank and Trust
Michigan Centennial Business
Historical Society of Michigan
in recognition of
Monroe Bank and Trust
founded in 1858
for more than 100 years of
continuous operation in service
to the people of Michigan
and for contributing to the
economic growth and vitality
of our state.
Erected by Historical Society of Michigan.
Location. 41° 54.964′ N, 83° 23.755′ W. Marker is in Monroe, Michigan, in Monroe County. Marker is at the intersection of East Front Street and Washington Street, on the left when traveling west on East Front Street. Touch for map. Marker is a large metal plaque, mounted at eye-level directly on the subject bank building, just to the right of the main front entrance. Marker is at or near this postal address: 102 East Front Street, Monroe MI 48161, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Eisenmann-Enteman Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Whipping Post (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Monroe County Since 1817 (about 500 feet away); First Presbyterian Church (about Historic Crossroad (about 500 feet away); Doctor Eduard Dorsch (about 500 feet away); Joseph Loranger 1817 (about 600 feet away); Monroe Street Bridge (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Monroe.
Also see . . . A Century and a Half of Financial Leadership. In 1858 Monroe, Michigan, general store owner Benjamin Dansard and local businessman Louis Lafountain recognized the need for a bank where residents could place their money for safekeeping, and from which loans could be made to finance community projects, stimulate business growth, and help area farmers and residents prosper. Dansard State Bank was chartered and opened for business. Even from its humble beginnings in the back of the Dansard General Store, the Bank played an integral role in the promise and progress of the region. Through wars, recessions and economic depressions, the Bank grew and served the ever-increasing needs of residents and businesses. In 1968, the name changed to Monroe Bank & Trust. (Submitted on December 31, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 31, 2018. This page originally submitted on December 30, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 30 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on December 30, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 31, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.