Delaware in Delaware County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
1862 - 1864
Erected 2002 by Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The Longaberger Company, Delaware County Historical Society, Delaware City Council, Delaware County Commissioners, and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 2-21.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection, and the Ohio, Delaware County Historical Society marker series.
Location. 40° 17.089′ N, 83° 4.142′ W. Marker is in Delaware, Ohio, in Delaware County. Marker is at the intersection Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Delaware OH 43015, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Oak Grove Cemetery and Arboretum (approx. 0.2 miles away); Zion African Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 0.7 miles away); Edwards Gymnasium / Home of High School Basketball Tournaments (approx. 0.7 miles away); Wesley Branch Rickey (approx. ¾ mile away); Elliott Hall (approx. 0.8 miles away); University Hall and Gray Chapel (approx. 0.8 miles away); Cherry, Judge, Luckett Memorial (approx. 0.8 miles away); Eddy, Kroener, and Riesz Memorial (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Delaware.
Additional keywords. USCT
Categories. • African Americans • Forts, Castles • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 24, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 22, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 2,403 times since then and 166 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 22, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.