Gonzales in Gonzales County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Women of the Confederacy
whose hearts bled, whose
hands healed, whose pride
was crucified, yet who
were never conquered by
the bitterness of war
nor the devastation of
To their glorious memory
this memorial is
H. K. Jones
Infantry C. S. A.
Erected by U.D.C.
June 3, 1937
Erected 1937 by H. K. Jones and the United Daughters of the Confederacy. (Marker Number 5894.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 29° 30.136′ N, 97° 27.149′ W. Marker is in Gonzales, Texas, in Gonzales County. Marker is on St. George Street east of St. Joseph Street (Business U.S. 183), on the right when traveling east. Monument is located in Confederate Square. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 411 St Lawrence Street, Gonzales TX 78629, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Jail Square (here, next to this marker); Gonzales County Jail (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Central Square (about 300 feet away); First Methodist Church (about 400 feet away); James W. Robinson (about 400 feet away); Gonzales Courthouse (about 400 feet away); Church Square (about 500 feet away); Andrew Ponton (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gonzales.
Categories. • War, US Civil • Women •
More. Search the internet for Women of the Confederacy.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 7, 2019. This page originally submitted on January 7, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 56 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on January 7, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?