Near Calaveritas in Calaveras County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1950 by The California Centennials Commission. Base furnished by Calaveras County 20-30 Club, June 18, 1950. (Marker Number 255.)
Location. 38° 9.477′ N, 120° 36.741′ W. Marker is near Calaveritas, California, in Calaveras County. Marker is at the intersection of Calaveritas Road and Costa Road, on the right when traveling east on Calaveritas Road. Touch for map. Marker is 4.5 miles southeast of San Andreas. Marker is in this post office area: San Andreas CA 95249, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Costa Store (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Attempted Stage Robbery (approx. 2.2 miles away); Fourth Crossing (approx. 2.2 miles away); Calaveras County Hospital Cemetery (approx. 3½ miles away); The Red Barn (approx. San Andreas (approx. 4.6 miles away); First Restaurant in Town (approx. 4.6 miles away); Altaville Grammar School (approx. 5.8 miles away).
Regarding Calaveritas. This site has been designated as California Registered Historical Landmark No.255
Also see . . .
1. Wikipedia Account of Calaveritas. (Submitted on October 26, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.)
2. Malakoff: Calaveritas. (Submitted on October 26, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.)
Additional keywords. Gold Rush
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Landmarks • Natural Resources • Notable Persons • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 26, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 2,129 times since then and 43 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 26, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.