Calaveritas in Calaveras County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
The Costa Store
Constructed by Mr. Luigi Costa in 1852
Erected 1979 by Princess Parlor No.84, Native Daughters of the Golden West , June 9, 1979.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 38° 9.529′ N, 120° 36.76′ W. Marker is in Calaveritas, California, in Calaveras County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Costa Road and Calaveritas Road. Touch for map. Marker is located 4.5 miles SE of San Andreas. Marker is in this post office area: San Andreas CA 95249, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Calaveritas (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Attempted Stage Robbery (approx. 2.1 miles away); Fourth Crossing (approx. 2.3 miles away); Calaveras County Hospital Cemetery (approx. 3½ miles away); The Red Barn (approx. 3.6 miles away); San Andreas (approx. 4½ miles away); First Restaurant in Town (approx. 4½ miles away); Altaville Grammar School (approx. 5.9 miles away).
Regarding The Costa Store. Also see: Calaveritas marker for additional information.
Also see . . . The Costa Store. (Submitted on October 26, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.)
Additional keywords. Gold Rush
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Natural Resources • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 26, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,824 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 26, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.