Campbell in Santa Clara County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
The First Adobe Home in Campbell
The 6,631 acre rancho included what is today about 1/3 of Campbell; parts of San José and Saratoga; as well as Los Gatos and Monte Sereno. Like most rancheros, Peralta and Hernandez raised thousands of cattle and sheep. Around 1847, Peralta built an adobe home at the northern-most point of their rancho, near the spot you are presently standing. He live here with his wife Maria Paula Sepulveda and their children Antonio, Miguel, Mariana, Julia and Rita.
Erected 2018 by California Pioneers of Santa Clara County, City of Campbell.
Location. 37° 17.064′ N, 121° 57.532′ W. Marker is in Campbell, California, in Santa Clara County. Marker can be reached from Rincon Avenue near Dot Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. De Anza Expedition (within shouting distance of this marker); Country Woman's Club (approx. 0.8 miles away); Courtyard (approx. 0.8 miles away); Bank of Campbell (approx. 0.9 miles away); Campbell Fire Station (approx. 0.9 miles away); Fire House #1 (approx. 0.9 miles away); Farley Building (approx. 0.9 miles away); Bank of Campbell (Farley Building) (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Campbell.
More about this marker. The marker is located near the parking lot of John D. Morgan Park.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for The First Adobe Home in Campbell.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 22, 2019. This page originally submitted on February 22, 2019, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 42 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 22, 2019, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.