Wilson in Wilson County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Wilson Times
“A Community Institution”
Founded in 1896 by John D. Gold, who learned the newspaper business from his father, P.D. Gold, publisher of Zionís Landmark. Published at this location from 1896 to 1983.
Erected 2018 by Wilson County Historical Association.
Location. 35° 43.538′ N, 77° 54.576′ W. Marker is in Wilson, North Carolina, in Wilson County. Marker is on Goldsboro Street East west of Nash Street North (State Highway 58), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 Goldsboro St E, Wilson NC 27893, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wilson County Civil War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Combat Wounded Veterans (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Henry G. Conner (about 300 feet away); Josephus Daniels (about 300 feet away); Hackney Wagon Company (about 400 feet away); First ABC Store (about 700 feet away); R.D.W. Connor (about 800 feet away); P.D. Gold (approx. ľ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wilson.
Categories. • Communications • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 5, 2019. This page originally submitted on March 4, 2019, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. This page has been viewed 74 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 4, 2019, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.