Clarks Green in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Baptist Church Bell
the belfry of the
Baptist church of
Clarks Green, PA
Cast in 1869 by the
West Troy, New York.
The present owners,
Waverly Lodge #301
donated this bell
for the 2014
Barton R. Earl
Erected by Borough of Clarks Green.
Location. 41° 29.916′ N, 75° 41.756′ W. Marker is in Clarks Green, Pennsylvania, in Lackawanna County. Marker is at the intersection of North Abington Road (Pennsylvania Route 407) and Glenburn Road, on the right when traveling north on North Abington Road. Touch for map. The bell stands in front of the Clarks Green Borough Office. Marker is at or near this postal address: 104 North Abington Road, Clarks Summit PA 18411, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Deacon William Clark (a few steps from this marker); Laura Lee DeFazio Morabito Veterans Memorial (approx. half a mile away); War Memorial (approx. 1.4 miles away); South Abington Township World War II Memorial (approx. 1.8 miles away); Hickory Grove Cemetery (approx. 1.9 miles away); Elder Miller (approx. 2.1 miles away); St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery Association Charter Members (approx. 4˝ miles away).
Regarding Baptist Church Bell. The Waverly Masonic Lodge #301 meets in the former Baptist church at 118 North Abington Road, just north of the borough office.
Also see . . . Clarks Green Borough: Our History. (Submitted on March 30, 2019, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Communications • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 30, 2019. This page originally submitted on March 30, 2019, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 79 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 30, 2019, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.