Oconto in Oconto County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First Church of Christ, Scientist
Erected 1955 by the Wisconsin Historical Society. (Marker Number 25.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society marker series.
Location. 44° 53.397′ N, 87° 52.655′ W. Marker is in Oconto, Wisconsin, in Oconto County. Marker is at the intersection of Chicago Street and Main Street, on the left when traveling east on Chicago Street. Touch for map. Marker is at the south side of the church along Chicago Street. Marker is at or near this postal address: 423 Chicago Street, Oconto WI 54153, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mission of St. Francois Xavier (approx. 0.3 miles away); Nicholas Perrot (approx. 0.4 miles away); Stanley Toy Company Old Copper Culture Cemetery (approx. one mile away); Latitude 45° N (approx. 7.7 miles away); Peshtigo Fire Cemetery (approx. 13 miles away); In Memoriam (approx. 13 miles away); Peshtigo Fire (approx. 13 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Oconto.
Also see . . . Historic Oconto County Churches. (Submitted on October 31, 2008.)
Additional keywords. First Christian Science Church Edifice
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 31, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 878 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 31, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 8, 2012, by Bob (peach) Weber of Prescott Valley, Arizona. 6. submitted on August 7, 2012, by Melinda Roberts of De Pere, United States. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.