Site of Indian village and stockade enclosing about ten acres, with forty additional acres adjoining under cultivation. Located just east of this place burned by the Indians at the time of Frontenac's invasion August 3, 1696. Site of Father Lamberville's mission burned by the Indians in 1709, Indians removal from here to lower Onondaga completed in 1720. Erected by Syracuse Chapter S.A.R. and State of New York in 1933
Erected 1933 by Syracuse Chapter S.A.R. and State of New York.
Location. 42° 58.6′ N, 76° 3.922′ W. Marker is in Jamesville, New York, in Onondaga County. Marker is on Jamesville Pompey Road (County Route 91) one mile south of East Seneca Turnpike (County Route 173), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jamesville NY 13078, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Nedrow c. 1798 (approx. 3.8 miles away); Kana-Ta-Go-Wah (approx. 4 miles away); Grover Cleveland (approx. 4.7 miles away); Pompey Stone
Categories. • Colonial Era • Native Americans •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 8, 2019. This page originally submitted on April 6, 2019. This page has been viewed 74 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 6, 2019. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.