Plainfield in Will County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Greek Revival Influences
Built by Erastus C. Wight
Additions – Erastus C. Wight – c. 1859
Roderick B. Wight – c. 1907
Former site of Levi Arnold’s Halfway House – c. 1834
Landmark Village of Plainfield Illinois
Erected by Plainfield Historic Preservation Commission.
Location. 41° 36.694′ N, 88° 12.251′ W. Marker is in Plainfield, Illinois, in Will County. Marker is on West Main Street (Illinois Route 126) ¼ mile west of North Division Street (Illinois Route 59), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 24038 W. Main Street, Plainfield IL 60544, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Plainfield House (here, next to this marker); Plymouth Congregational Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Masonic Block Building Landmark (approx. 0.2 miles away); Downtown Historic District (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Development of Downtown Plainfield Opera House Block Building Landmark (approx. ¼ mile away); Caboose (approx. 0.4 miles away); Boxcars (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Plainfield.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 14, 2019. This page originally submitted on April 11, 2019, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 42 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 11, 2019, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.