Beeville in Bee County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Brick Building on Square
Afterward on second floor was "Beeville Light Guard" Armory.
Acquired in 1910 by Eureka Telephone Company, building was communications headquarters (1912-20) for Southwestern Telegraph & Telephone Company, and then for Southwestern Bell until 1957.
Incise on base: Restored 1957 for law offices of John N. Barnhart
Erected 1971 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1692.)
Location. 28° 24.112′ N, 97° 44.925′ W. Marker is in Beeville, Texas, in Bee County. Marker is on West Corpus Christi Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 108 West Corpus Christi Street, Beeville TX 78102, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Douglas A4 Skyhawk (within shouting distance Praeger Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Bee County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Beeville on the Poesta (within shouting distance of this marker); Barnard E. Bee, Sr. (within shouting distance of this marker); Commercial National Bank (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Beeville Post Office (about 300 feet away); McClanahan House (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Beeville.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for First Brick Building on Square.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 18, 2019. This page originally submitted on April 18, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 44 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 18, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.