Springfield in Clark County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Oliver S. Kelly
1824 - 1904
Donors for this Mike Major designed sculpture are:
The Turner Foundation Jane Hollenbeck Fleury Mackie
The O.S. Kelly Company - subsidiary of Steinway & Sons
Sculpture Committee members are:
Anne Benston • Mark Chepp • David Martin • Ski Schahner • Richard Smith
Presented to the City of Springfield, September 20, 2007
Location. 39° 55.356′ N, 83° 48.616′ W. Marker is in Springfield, Ohio, in Clark County. Marker is on Fountain Avenue, in the median. Touch for map. Statue and marker are on the Esplanade/Fountain Square between the landmark City Building and the Marriott Courtyard hotel. Marker is at or near this postal address: 117 S. Fountain Avenue, Springfield OH 45502, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Springfield City Hall Bell (a few steps from this marker); City Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Esplanade/Fountain Square (within shouting distance of this marker); John M. Temple (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); George Rogers Clark (about 700 feet away); H. A. "Harry" Toulmin Sr. (about 700 feet away); Site of Springfield's First Church (about 800 feet away); 75th Anniversary of the Madonna of the Trail Statue (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Springfield.
Also see . . . Portrait of Oliver S. Kelly, From Panning Gold to Melting Steel. (Submitted on November 5, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Government • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 4, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,603 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 4, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 4. submitted on April 20, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.