— A little part of Belfast —
[Historic photo captions read]
1. Mr R. J. Moss, Headmaster of Mabel St. School from 1886-1921
2. Saturday night dancing at the Orange Hall in Sandy Row
3. John Brown pictured outside his popular 'Ribbon Shop'
4. A friendly chat on the street
5. Soccer ace Joe Bambrick (Glentoran, Linfield, Chelsea and Northern Ireland)
6. The Linfield Seven Trophy Winning Team (1961-62)
7. Tommy McCutcheon's fish and tackle shop
8. The Blythe Street Committee in 1970
9. Albert Winchester the cobbler busy at work
10. Catering for those with a sweet tooth
Erected by Historic Sandy Row.
Location. 54° 35.613′ N, 5° 56.184′ W. Marker is in Belfast, Northern Ireland, in County Antrim. Marker is at the intersection of Sandy Row and Hope Street, on the right when traveling north on Sandy Row. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Belfast, Northern Ireland BT12 5DR, United Kingdom. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Buildings & Housing (here, next to this marker); Industry (here, next to this marker); Culture
Also see . . .
1. Sandy Row Community Forum. (Submitted on May 21, 2019, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Sandy Row at Wikipedia. (Submitted on May 21, 2019, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Places •
More. Search the internet for People.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 21, 2019. This page originally submitted on May 21, 2019, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 78 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 21, 2019, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.