Morgantown in Monongalia County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Bell of the Armored Cruiser U.S.S. West Virginia
U.S.S. West Virginia
Commissioned: 23 Feb 1905
Decommissioned: 1 Sept 1920
Dedicated to the memory
of those West Virginians
who gave their lives in
the service of their country
Alpha Phi Omega
7 December 1967
7 December 1987
Erected 1967 by Alpha Phi Omega.
Location. 39° 38.135′ N, 79° 57.246′ W. Marker is in Morgantown, West Virginia, in Monongalia County. Marker can be reached from University Avenue north of College Avenue, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1141 College Avenue, Morgantown WV 26505, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mast of the Battleship West Virginia (here, next to this marker); University of West Virginia Veterans Memorials (a few steps from this marker); Oglebay Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Chitwood Hall (within Martin Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Perley Isaac Reed School of Journalism (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Woodburn Circle (about 300 feet away); Eberly College of Arts and Sciences (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Morgantown.
Categories. • Military • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 25, 2019. This page originally submitted on May 25, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 44 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 25, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.