Tarlton in Pickaway County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Opened in 1796
by Colonel Ebenezer Zane.
Principal historic site
between Chillicothe and
Lancaster is Tarlton,
once famous for Nye's Tavern,
favorite stopping place
of Henry Clay.
Erected 1959 by Ohio Society, Daughters of the American Colonists.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Colonists marker series.
Location. 39° 33.349′ N, 82° 46.593′ W. Marker is in Tarlton, Ohio, in Pickaway County. Marker can be reached from Main Street (Ohio Route 159), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is next to Nye's Tavern, between German and Harrison Streets. Marker is in this post office area: Tarlton OH 43156, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Major General William Sooy Smith (here, next to this marker); Treaty of Camp Charlotte (approx. 3.8 miles away); Camp Charlotte (approx. 3.8 miles away); Pioneer Lutherans (approx. 6.3 miles away); Amanda Veterans Memorial Camp Circleville (approx. 8.3 miles away); High Street Cemetery War Memorial (approx. 9.3 miles away); Memorial Hall (approx. 9.4 miles away).
Also see . . . Back in Time - Zane's Trace. (Submitted on November 12, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Categories. • Landmarks • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 11, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,211 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 11, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.