Minneapolis in Hennepin County, Minnesota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
2730 East 31st Street: Holy Trinity Lutheran Church
The Museum in the Streets: Minneapolis, Minnesota
— 27th and Lake: Industry and Transportation Infrastructure —
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church began in 1904 when a group of younger members of St. Peder's Lutheran Church, a Danish-speaking congregation, split from St. Peder's over the issue of English in Sunday school and services. The new church began meeting in a temporary location at the corner of 26th Avenue and East Franklin, where it provided Sunday school classes in English. By 1908, the church earned a place of its own and the congregation settled into a building it had moved to the corner of 29th Street at 29th Avenue. After outgrowing the site a decade later, parishioners began building a new home. In January 1925, on its 20th anniversary and under the leadership of Pastor Carl Bartsch, the church moved into a new building at 2730 East 31st Street.
By McGhiever, June 8, 2019
1. Holy Trinity Lutheran Church marker
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church comenzó en 1904 cuando un grupo de miembros jóvenes de la Iglesia Luterana de St. Peder, una congregación danesa, se separó de St. Peder's por el uso del inglés en la escuela y en servicios dominicales. La nueva iglesia comenzó a reunirse en un local temporario en la esquina de 26th Avenue y East Franklin, donde daban clases dominicales en inglés. Ya
en 1908, la iglesia ganó un lugar proprio y la congregación se estableció en un edificio en la esquina de 29th Street y 29th Avenue. Tras una década necesitaban un sitio más grande, y los feligreses comenzaron a construir. En energo de 1925, su vigésimo aniversario y bajo la dirección del Pastor Carl Bartsch, la iglesia se trasladó a su nuevo edificio en East 31st Street 2730.
By McGhiever, June 8, 2019
2. Marker in front of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church
This panel is sponsored by the Longfellow Community Council and Holy Trinity Lutheran Church
Erected 2012 by Lake Street Council. (Marker Number 10.)
Location. 44° 56.816′ N, 93° 13.911′ W. Marker is in Minneapolis, Minnesota, in Hennepin County. Marker is at the intersection of E. 31st Street and S. 28th Avenue, on the right when traveling west on E. 31st Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2730 E. 31st St., Minneapolis MN 55406, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 2721-23 East Lake: Lake Theater (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); 2629 East Lake: Minnehaha Grill (about 600 feet away); 3012 Minnehaha Avenue South: Lauritzen Wagon and Blacksmith Shop (about 700 feet away); 3010 Minnehaha Avenue South: Fire Station No. 21 (about 700 feet away); 2701 East Lake: International Order of Odd Fellows (about 700 feet away); Longfellow School (about 700 feet away); 2916 East Lake: East Lake Branch Library (approx. 0.2 miles away); Snelling Avenue: African American Community (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Minneapolis.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for 2730 East 31st Street: Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 10, 2019. This page originally submitted on June 9, 2019, by McGhiever of St Paul, Minnesota. This page has been viewed 37 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 9, 2019, by McGhiever of St Paul, Minnesota. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.