Fort Belvoir in Fairfax County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Treasury Building Column Sections
About 1910 the owner of Gunston Hall in Lorton, Virginia acquired the column base and inverted capital shown here as a decorative garden monument. In 1950 Gunston Hall transferred the two pieces to Fort Belvoir.
Location. 38° 41.669′ N, 77° 8.258′ W. Marker is in Fort Belvoir, Virginia, in Fairfax County. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Belvoir VA 22060, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Warehouse District (approx. 0.3 miles away); Non Commissioned Officers’ Service Club (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pohick Road Crossing (approx. half a mile away); ‘Thermo-Con’ House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Fort Belvoir Military Railroad Historic Corridor (approx. 0.6 miles William Fairfax and His Son, George William Fairfax (approx. 1.1 miles away); Fairfax Family Cemetery (approx. 1.1 miles away); Fairfax Monument (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Belvoir.
Categories. • Architecture •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 12, 2019. This page originally submitted on June 12, 2019, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 38 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 12, 2019, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Location of the other column section. • Can you help?