Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Philo in Muskingum County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Lt. Michael J. Lutz

 
 
Lt. Michael J. Lutz Memorial image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., November 2, 2008
1. Lt. Michael J. Lutz Memorial
Inscription.
In memory of
Lt. Michael J. Lutz
Who lost his life in
the line of duty,
July 12, 1994
Dedicated for service to
the community as a
member of the Muskingum
County Sheriffs Department
and Harrison Township
Fire Department.
Sadly Missed

 
Location. 39° 51.685′ N, 81° 54.443′ W. Marker is in Philo, Ohio, in Muskingum County. Marker is at the intersection of Front Street and 3rd Street, on the left when traveling south on Front Street. Touch for map. Marker is in front of the Harrison Township Volunteer Fire Department. Marker is in this post office area: Philo OH 43771, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Muskingum River Flows North (approx. half a mile away); Address at Naming of Winefordner Field, Lemmon, S. D. (approx. 0.8 miles away); Union Veteran Legion No. 118 (approx. 7.1 miles away); Anti-Slavery Tensions in Muskingum County (approx. 7.2 miles away); G.A.R. Soldiers and Sailors Monument (approx. 7.2 miles away); The Muskingum River Locks (approx. 7.2 miles away); The Stone Academy (approx. 7.2 miles away); Zanesville Underground Railroad (approx. 7.4 miles away).
 
Categories. 20th CenturyCharity & Public Work
 
Lt. Michael J. Lutz Memorial image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., November 2, 2008
2. Lt. Michael J. Lutz Memorial
Harrison Township Volunteer Fire Department Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., November 2, 2008
3. Harrison Township Volunteer Fire Department Marker
Erected 1959.
Earlier Township Public Service Building image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., November 2, 2008
4. Earlier Township Public Service Building
Built by WPA 1939-1940. Located on Main Street between 3rd and 4th Streets.
Earlier Township Public Service Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., November 2, 2008
5. Earlier Township Public Service Building Marker
Built by Work Projects Administration 1939-1940. Marker next to building's main entrance.
Earlier Public Service Building and Park. image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., November 2, 2008
6. Earlier Public Service Building and Park.
Park bounded by 3rd and 4th Streets, and Front and Main Streets. White garage bays in right background is the Harrison Township EMS headquarters.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 10, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 807 times since then and 28 times this year. Last updated on November 14, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on November 10, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement