Near Pine Plains in Dutchess County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of Red Church. Built by German Reformers 1772 on Pulver farm, torn down 1826, known as the Old Red Church.
Erected 1940 by State Education Department.
Location. 41° 58.721′ N, 73° 37.074′ W. Marker is near Pine Plains, New York, in Dutchess County. Marker is on New York State Route 199, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pine Plains NY 12567, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Harris Scythe Works (approx. 1.2 miles away); Brush House (approx. 1.9 miles away); Old Tavern (approx. 2 miles away); Pine Plains (approx. 2.3 miles away); Lead Mines (approx. 3 miles away); Pine Plains Northeast Line (approx. 3.2 miles away); Irondale School (approx. 4.8 miles away); a different marker also named Irondale School (approx. 4.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pine Plains.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for Red Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 24, 2019. This page originally submitted on June 23, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 49 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 23, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.