The Portland Prairie Methodist Episcopal Church
George and Ellen Cass donated the land for the church and cemetery, Mr. Title of New Albin, Iowa built the church.
Served by circuit riders who ministered to several rural churches, regular services were held till 1935. Special services are still held each year. The church is associated with the Caledonia United Methodist Church. Many of the original prairie settlers are buried in the cemetery, which is still in use.
The building is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Dedicated in July 1996
Location. 43° 31.546′ N, 91° 29.478′
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for The Portland Prairie Methodist Episcopal Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 22, 2019. This page originally submitted on July 22, 2019, by Lugnuts of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 41 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 22, 2019, by Lugnuts of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.