Speculator in Hamilton County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Town Hall
1894 The first town hall was built.
1937 The library joined the town offices.
1965 The building became a library only.
2002 The library moved.
2006 The building became the historical museum
Erected by Historical Society of Lake Pleasant and Speculator.
Location. 43° 29.987′ N, 74° 21.981′ W. Marker is in Speculator, New York, in Hamilton County. Marker is on New York State Route 8 0.1 miles west of New York State Route 30, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Speculator NY 12164, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Grace Methodist Episcopal Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Buyce's Blacksmith Shop (about 700 feet away); Site of Lake Pleasant House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Henry Slack's Store (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gene Tunney Park (approx. half a mile away); The Adirondacks Riley Tavern (approx. 8.4 miles away); Sacandaga Public Campsite (approx. 10½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Speculator.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for First Town Hall.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 25, 2019. This page originally submitted on July 23, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 50 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 23, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.