New York in New York County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Fraunces Tavern Tallmadge Memorial
Chamber of Commerce founded here 1768.
Washington’s Farewell to his Officers December 4th, 1783.
Centennial Celebration of Washington’s Farewell 1883.
Sons of the Revolution reorganized here December 4th, 1883.
Building purchased and restored by the Sons of the Revolution as a memorial to Fredericks Tallmadge 1905 Ceremony attending restoration, Dec. 4th, 1907.
Location. 40° 42.205′ N, 74° 0.685′ W. Marker is in New York, New York, in New York County. Marker is at the intersection of Broad Street and Pearl Street, on the right when traveling north on Broad Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 54 Pearl Street, New York NY 10004, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fraunces Tavern (here, next to this marker); Fraunces Tavern Block Historic District (a few steps from this marker); Stadt Huys (City Hall) (within shouting distance of this marker); First Church on Manhattan Island (within shouting distance of this marker); Dutch Hoog Straat (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Vietnam War Veterans Memorial / Dutch City Hall Site Stone Street Historic District and Colonial New York Street Plan (about 300 feet away); First Printing Press in the Colony of New York (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New York.
More about this marker. The top of the marker contains a bas relief of Fredericks Samuel Tallmadge with the text “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”
Also see . . .
1. Fraunces Tavern Museum. (Submitted on November 21, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
2. Fraunces Tavern - Hangout of Sons Of Liberty; Hosted Washington, Several Cabinet Departments. New York Freedom Trail website. (Submitted on November 21, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 21, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 878 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 21, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. 4, 5. submitted on June 24, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.