Orlando in Orange County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Orange County Courthouse
65 East Central Boulevard
Architect Murry S. King designed the sixth
Orange County Courthouse in Orlando and
supervised its construction until his death in
1925. The building was completed in 1927 under
the supervision of his son, James B. King. It was
known as the “Million Dollar Courthouse”.
This Beaux Arts style building originally
contained county offices, courtrooms and the jail.
Plaque sponsored by
The Orlando Community Redevelopment Agency
Erected by The Orlando Community Redevelopment Agency.
Location. 28° 32.556′ N, 81° 22.674′ W. Marker is in Orlando, Florida, in Orange County. Marker can be reached from E. Central Boulevard 0.1 miles north of Court St. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 65 E Central Boulevard, Orlando FL 32801, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lynching of July Perry / Racial Violence in America (a few steps from this marker); Orange County 9-11 Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Rosalind Club (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Cathedral Church of Saint Luke Linton E. Allen Memorial Fountain (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lake Eola Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bumby Hardware (approx. ¼ mile away); a different marker also named Linton E. Allen Memorial Fountain (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Orlando.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Orange County Courthouse.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 31, 2019. This page originally submitted on August 28, 2019, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. This page has been viewed 50 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 28, 2019, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.