Fort Stockton in Pecos County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Annie Riggs Hotel
Fort Stockton's first hotel of significance. Built 1900. Adobe, with "gingerbread" trim. Large verandas, dining room, parlors, guest rooms.
Entered in the National Register of Historic Places - 1973
Erected 1966 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 171.)
Location. 30° 53′ N, 102° 52.722′ W. Marker is in Fort Stockton, Texas, in Pecos County. Marker is at the intersection of East Callaghan Street and South Main Street, on the right when traveling east on East Callaghan Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 301 South Main Street, Fort Stockton TX 79735, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Grey Mule Saloon (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Joseph's Catholic Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Fort Stockton (about 400 feet away); Courthouse, Jail and Zero Stone Fort Stockton (about 600 feet away); Koehler's Saloon and Store (about 800 feet away); O. W. Williams (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Comanche Springs (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Stockton.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Annie Riggs Hotel.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 5, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 5, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 113 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 5, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.