Site of the Coleman Family Drug Store and Clinic
Charlie Coleman, familiar with patent formulas before he graduated from high school, received a pharmacist license in 1912 and helped run the business. In 1933, two of his brothers, Robert and John, both doctors, set up a clinic adjacent to the store, which Charlie took over after their father died in 1937. The clinic closed at the start of World War II when John and Robert joined the armed forces.
After the war, Robert and John practiced medicine in other state, but Charlie continued to manage the Mineola store.
The Coleman Family Drug Store continued to thrive with several family members working here before later pursuing careers in the medical field. It closed in 1964 because of Charlie’s declining health. He passed away on December 9, 1968 and was buried in the Mineola City Cemetery.
Erected 2004 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 13746.)
Location. 32° 39.792′ N, 95° 29.369′ W. Marker is in Mineola, Texas, in Wood County. Marker is on South Johnson Street south of East Broad Street (U.S. 80), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 110 South Johnson Street, Mineola TX 75773, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mineola's Jewish Community (within shouting distance of this marker); Saloons in Mineola (within shouting distance of this marker); First National Bank Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of Public Mineral Water Well (within shouting distance of this marker); Mineola Opera Houses
Categories. • Government & Politics • Notable Persons • Science & Medicine •
More. Search the internet for Site of the Coleman Family Drug Store and Clinic.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 5, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 5, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 49 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 5, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.