Springfield in Clark County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
H. A. “Harry” Toulmin Sr.
(1859 - 1942)
—Oﬃces at Suites 47 - 48 Bushnell Building —
Toulmin is also known for his involvement with City Hospital and Snyder Park.
Statue sculpted by Mike Major.
Funding provided by: Jane P. Hollenbeck, the Turner Foundation and the Della Selsor Trust.
Sculpture Committee members are: Anne Benston, James J. Campbell, Mark Chepp, Katherine Denney, Robert Fuhrman, David C. Martin, Michael G. Morris, Ski Schanher, Corrine Smith, Richard Smith, and Thomas T. Taylor.
Presented to the City of Springfield, October 5, 2006.
Erected 2006 by Jane P. Hollenbeck, the Turner Foundation and the Della Selsor Trust.
Location. 39° 55.467′ N, 83° 48.577′ W. Marker is in Springfield, Ohio, in Clark County. Marker is on Main Street, on the left when Touch for map. Statue and marker are between Limestone Street and Fountain Avenue, near City Hall. Marker is in this post office area: Springfield OH 45502, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. George Rogers Clark (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of Springfield's First Church (within shouting distance of this marker); John M. Temple (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); A. B. Graham (about 500 feet away); The A. B. Graham Building (about 500 feet away); The Birthplace of 4-H (about 600 feet away); Esplanade/Fountain Square (about 600 feet away); City Building (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Springfield.
Also see . . . Wikipedia entry for Harry A Toulmin, Sr. (Submitted on December 1, 2008, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.)
Categories. • Air & Space • Notable Events • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 27, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,303 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 27, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.