Calhoun in Gordon County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
June 3, 1887 - January 1, 1977
Erected 1995 by Georgia Department of Natural Resources. (Marker Number 064-34.)
Marker series. Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 30.096′ N, 84° 57.429′ W. Marker is in Calhoun, Georgia, in Gordon County. Marker is at the intersection of Oothcalooga Street and South Fair Street, on the right when traveling east on Oothcalooga Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 540 Oothcalooga Street, Calhoun GA 30701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Calhoun Depot (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gordon County (approx. 0.4 miles away); Calhoun, Ga, May 18, 1864. (approx. 0.4 miles away); Johnston's Rear Guard Stops McPherson (approx. 0.6 miles away); Battle of Lay's Ferry (approx. 2.2 miles away); Richard Peters Plantation (approx. 2.2 miles away); Calhoun War Memorial (approx. 2.3 miles away); Sequoyah (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Calhoun.
Also see . . . The New Georgia Encyclopedia biography of Hayes. (Submitted on December 8, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • 20th Century • African Americans • Arts, Letters, Music • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 28, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,692 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 28, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.