Port Gibson in Claiborne County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Judge Maury House
Port Gibson Historic Tour
302 Jackson. Ca. 1827-1840, Greek Revival. Henry Clay often visited in Port Gibson and stayed in this house as guest of his friend, Judge James H. Maury. Descendents(sp) of Judge Maury still live here (1979).
Location. 31° 57.474′ N, 90° 59.038′ W. Marker is in Port Gibson, Mississippi, in Claiborne County. Marker is at the intersection of Jackson Street and Farmer Street, on the left when traveling west on Jackson Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 302 Jackson Street, Port Gibson MS 39150, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. O'Hara Cottage (within shouting distance of this marker); St. James Episcopal Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Bruinsburg (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Methodist Church (about 300 feet away); Hughes Home (about 400 feet away); Hopkins House (about 400 feet away); Commercial Building (about 500 feet away); Drake Home (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Gibson.
Categories. • Architecture • Notable Persons •
More. Search the internet for Judge Maury House.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 10, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 10, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 37 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 10, 2019.