Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Granbury in Hood County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

E. A. Hannaford Building

 
 
E. A. Hannaford Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By Brian Anderson, August 10, 2019
1. E. A. Hannaford Building Marker
Inscription.  Born in England and reared in Ohio, E. A. Hannaford (1841-1915) served in the Union Army. He came to Granbury from Ohio in 1871, establishing his drugstore in a tent. He and merchant J. D. Baker had a two-part commercial building erected in the Italianate style in 1886. Among the first stone buildings in Granbury, it was commonly known as the "Arch Block." The cornice on this side advertised Hannaford's Drug and Book Store. "Doc" Hannaford became a prominent civic leader and businessman. After his death his nephew operated the drugstore. Early second-floor tenants included the Granbury Graphics newspaper, doctors' offices and a beauty parlor.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1999

 
Erected 1999 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 12078.)
 
Location. 32° 26.578′ N, 97° 47.261′ W. Marker is in Granbury, Texas, in Hood County. Marker is on North Houston Street (Farm to Market Road 4), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 130 North Houston Street, Granbury TX 76048, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other
E. A. Hannaford Building image. Click for full size.
By Brian Anderson, August 10, 2019
2. E. A. Hannaford Building
Marker is the leftmost of the two markers visible in this photo. The E. A. Hannaford Building made up the left half of the structure. The right half of the structure is the Baker-Doyle Building.
markers are within walking distance of this marker. Baker-Doyle Building (a few steps from this marker); Bush-Morgan-Cherry Building (a few steps from this marker); First National Bank (within shouting distance of this marker); Hardware and Tin Shop (within shouting distance of this marker); The Glenn Brothers' Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Hood County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); County Named for Famous Confederate General John Bell Hood (within shouting distance of this marker); Aston-Landers Building (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Granbury.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 

More. Search the internet for E. A. Hannaford Building.
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 11, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 11, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 29 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 11, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.
Paid Advertisement