Mineola in Wood County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Thomas Clinic Building
In 1951 Dr. Williams hired Carl Weber, an architect from Tyler, to build this clinic building. Three lots were purchased by Dr. Williams for the project. Total costs for the building were $25,000.
In 1965, Dr. Williams closed his practice, sold the clinic building to the Haley Brothers, and took a position with the State of Texas.
In January of 1966 Dr. John Thomas and his wife Marlyn, a registered nurse, moved their practice here from Grand Saline. For the next 31 years their practice remained in this building referred to as The Thomas Clinic.
This futuristic designed building is today still a functioning clinic.
Erected by Wood County Historical Commission.
Location. 32° 39.907′ N, 95° 29.579′ W. Marker Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 415 West Kilpatrick Street, Mineola TX 75773, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Gov. James Stephen Hogg and Wood County (approx. 0.2 miles away); O. P. Pyle (approx. 0.2 miles away); O. P. Pyle House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Birthplace of Miss Ima Hogg (approx. 0.2 miles away); "The Old Mineola City Hall" (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mallory Bros. Grocery and Feed Stores (approx. 0.2 miles away); Callaway House (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mineola.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Science & Medicine •
More. Search the internet for Thomas Clinic Building.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 13, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 13, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 41 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 13, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.