Bedford in Bedford County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1948 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Whiskey Rebellion marker series.
Location. 40° 1.383′ N, 78° 31.037′ W. Marker is in Bedford, Pennsylvania, in Bedford County. Marker is at the intersection of Pitt Street (Business U.S. 30) and Telegraph Road, on the left when traveling west on Pitt Street. Touch for map. Marker is next to The Coffee Pot, next to the Bedford Fairgrounds. Marker is in this post office area: Bedford PA 15522, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Coffee Pot (a few steps from this marker); Fort Bedford (approx. ¾ mile away); Grist Millstone (approx. ¾ mile away); Forbes Road (approx. ¾ mile away); This Tablet Marks The Site of Fort Bedford (approx. 0.8 miles away); "King's House" (approx. 0.8 miles away); First Court House and Prison Built in 1774 Bedford Village (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bedford.
Also see . . . The Whiskey Rebellion. (Submitted on December 1, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Additional keywords. Lincoln Highway.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles • Military • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 30, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 927 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 30, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.