Bedford in Bedford County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1951 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 40° 1.137′ N, 78° 30.201′ W. Marker is in Bedford, Pennsylvania, in Bedford County. Marker is on Pitt Street (Business U.S. 30), on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is 100 feet east of Juliana Street. Marker is in this post office area: Bedford PA 15522, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. This Tablet Marks The Site of Fort Bedford (here, next to this marker); Espy House (within shouting distance of this marker); George Washington (within shouting distance of this marker); Forbes Road (within shouting distance of this marker); Anderson House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Grist Millstone (about 400 feet away); Fraser Tavern (about 500 feet away); First Court House and Prison Built in 1774 (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bedford.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 1, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,006 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 1, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.