Near Blair in Fairfield County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
junction of Beaver Creek
and Reedy Branch
built in 1760 by
as a refuge from the
Erected 1938 by Richard Winn Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 34° 28.548′ N, 81° 19.578′ W. Marker is near Blair, South Carolina, in Fairfield County. Marker is on State Highway 215 0.1 miles north of Fort Wagner Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Blair SC 29015, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John Hugh Means/William Harper (approx. 1.9 miles away); Feasterville Female and Male Academy (approx. 2.7 miles away); R. Aubrey Harley Bridge (approx. 7 miles away); Fish Dam Battle Ground (approx. 9.7 miles away); Battle of Fishdam Ford (approx. 9.8 miles away); Ebenezer Methodist Church (approx. 9.8 miles away); Colonel William Farr (approx. 10 miles away); Old Brick Church (approx. 11.4 miles away).
Regarding Fort Wagner.
Also see . . . Newspaper Account of Unveiling of Marker. (Submitted on February 18, 2012, by Anna Inbody of Columbia, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 13, 2008, by Michael Sean Nix of Spartanburg, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 2,853 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 13, 2008, by Michael Sean Nix of Spartanburg, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.