Near St. Simons Island in Glynn County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Later generations of Demere family lived at the south end of St. Simons Island where their plantation was called Mulberry Grove.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 063-9.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 13.316′ N, 81° 22.143′ W. Marker is near St. Simons Island, Georgia, in Glynn County. Marker is on Lawrence Road 0.6 miles north of Frederica Road, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Simons Island GA 31522, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. German Village (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Military Road (approx. 0.9 miles away); Battle of Gully Hole Creek (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Georgia Navy (approx. one mile away); William Bartram Trail St. Simons Island (approx. one mile away); Reverends John & Charles Wesley / Wesley Memorial Garden (approx. one mile away); Christ Church Cemetery (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Simons Island.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 24, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 873 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on December 24, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on January 31, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.