Warsaw in Coshocton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Additional Charters 1920 and 1930
10 miles southeast
Route 95 - Sycamore St.
From “Cush-og-wenk” meaning “Black Bear Town”
Location. 40° 20.127′ N, 82° 0.4′ W. Marker is in Warsaw, Ohio, in Coshocton County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (U.S. 36) and Bridge Street (Ohio Route 60), on the left when traveling east on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Warsaw OH 43844, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Colonel William Simmons (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Franklin J. Fischer Addition (approx. 0.8 miles away); Bouquet’s Camp (approx. 7.2 miles away); Bouquet’s Expedition (approx. 7.7 miles away); Underground Railroad Agents in Coshocton County / Muskingum River Underground Railroad Corridor (approx. 7.8 miles away); Visitor Center - 1992 (approx. 7.8 miles away); George LeRetilley House - 1853 (approx. 7.9 miles away); Village Smithy - c.1890 (approx. 7.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Warsaw.
Categories. • 20th Century •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 26, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 572 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 26, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.