Gainesville in Hall County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
First Private Mint Templeton Reid Mint
Erected 1979 by Hall County Historical Society. (Marker Number HCHS-2.)
Location. 34° 17.963′ N, 83° 49.624′ W. Marker is in Gainesville, Georgia, in Hall County. Marker is on Washington Street 0 miles east of Main Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. The marker
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. U.D.C. Confederate Soldiers Monument (a few steps from this marker); Federal Building (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Dedicated to the Veterans of 1898 - 1902 (about 500 feet away); Lyman Hall (about 600 feet away); Lt.-Gen. James Longstreet (about 600 feet away); George Washington (about 600 feet away); Henry O. Ward (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dr. Emmett Ethridge Butler (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gainesville.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 31, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,211 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on December 31, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 23, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Separate HMdb entry for the Hall County Confederate Monument, seen in the background of picture 3. • Can you help?