Dover in Tuscarawas County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Founder of the city
of Dover Ohio
Erected by City of Dover.
Location. 40° 31.346′ N, 81° 28.558′ W. Marker is in Dover, Ohio, in Tuscarawas County. Marker is at the intersection of Wooster Avenue and 3rd Street, on the left when traveling south on Wooster Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in east quadrant of town square. Marker is in this post office area: Dover OH 44622, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dover Concert Band, 1924 (within shouting distance of this marker); W. W. Scott, 1891 (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Ohio and Erie Canal / Canal Dover Toll House (approx. ¼ mile away); Camp Meigs (approx. 0.6 miles away); Jeremiah E. Reeves / The J.E. Reeves Victorian Home (approx. 0.9 miles away); Reeves Steel World War II Memorial (approx. 0.9 miles away); Al Maloney (approx. 2.3 miles away); C. William "Bill" Kidd (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dover.
Categories. • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 11, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 726 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 11, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.