Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Panorama in Rappahannock County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Rappahannock County / Page County

 
 
West Facing Side image. Click for full size.
By Craig Swain, June 30, 2007
1. West Facing Side
Inscription. (West Facing Side)

Rappahannock County

Area 274 Square Miles

Formed in 1833 from Culpeper and named for the Rappahannock River, headwaters of which are in this county.

(East Facing Side)

Page County

Area 322 Square Miles

Formed in 1831 from Shenandoah and Rockingham, and named for John Page, governor of Virginia, 1802-1805. Luray Cave is here.
 
Erected 1928 by Conservation and Development Commission. (Marker Number 174-Z.)
 
Location. 38° 39.632′ N, 78° 19.216′ W. Marker is near Panorama, Virginia, in Rappahannock County. Marker is at the intersection of Lee Highway (U.S. 211) and Skyline Drive, on the right when traveling east on Lee Highway. Touch for map. The marker is just past the exit off the Skyline Drive onto US 211. It is just east of the overpass of Skyline Drive. Marker is in this post office area: Sperryville VA 22740, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. William Randolph Barbee ( a few steps from this marker); The Greatest Single Feature ( within shouting distance of this marker); Thornton Gap ( about
East Facing Side image. Click for full size.
By Craig Swain, June 30, 2007
2. East Facing Side
300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Rocks Older than Mankind ( approx. mile away); Marys Rock Tunnel ( approx. 0.8 miles away).
 
More about this marker. The marker is also listed as Z-174 in some references.
 
Categories. Political Subdivisions
 
Rappahannock County/Page County Marker image. Click for full size.
By Craig Swain, June 30, 2007
3. Rappahannock County/Page County Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 6, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,098 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on July 6, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement